What I realized today.. EVERYONE WANTS NATURAL LOOKING MAKEUP
I BET YOU WALK TO YOUR FAV COSMETIC COUNTER AND SAY, "I NEED A NEW SUCH AND SUCH, WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND?" AND I BET THEY JUST BLURT OUT AN ANSWER TO YOU AND TRY TO GET YOU OUT THE DOOR. AM I RIGHT? OR CLOSE?
YOU NEED TO KNOW THAT YOU NEED TO TEST IT OUT ON THE SPOT, BECAUSE TO THEM (US) IT'S JUST A SALE. BUT ARTIST LIKE ME CARE SO LISTEN..
Makeup should not look like it's fake, or just thrown on. You definitely want makeup that completes you. Makeup shouldn't look like it's an extra layer of skin you are wearing, it should look as though it's natural. Makeup such as that by MAC, should compliment you. No matter what skin condition you have, whether it be acne, or really bad acnes scars, or a birth mark or whatev. If your makeup is looking any bit powdery, or cakey, please switch. If you take a tissue and about six layers come off, please switch. You might think that makeup is just makeup, it won't harm your skin in anyway, but your wrong and I am here to tell you that it will. When you layer your gorgeous skin with a bunch of makeup, you are clogging up your poor pores. The most important thing about makeup is having the best base possible to apply it onto. which means skincare FIRST.
I start off by using MAC makeup remover wipes. Even though they are known as makeup remover wipes, they are so much more than that. MAC brand makeup remover wipes are so refreshing and energizing. The wipes not only remove everything off your face, but moisturize and condition it as well. After cleanising the skin, I move onto primer. It's so important to use primer. Primer is what seals your moisturizer or lotion in and it goes over any fine lines and open pores so that you get that smooth even base to apply your makeup ONTO. When you use a primer such as my fav PREP AND PRIME SKIN VISAGE by MAC, you are layering your skin in a good way, locking in your serum and protecting your pores from being clogged by the makeup. A primer is not a moisturizer nor makeup, so if you have a product that says it's a two in one, please throw it away or donate it back to the line. A primer is a whole seperate entity and has an amazing silky smooth finish. (Keep in mind that on days you don't want to wear makeup, or for that little girl that wants to start wearing makeup, wearing primer all on it's own is fabolous because it enhances your complexion ever so much and protects your skin from pollution and dirt and all.) You can also use the PREP AND PRIME SPF 50.
I absolutely love MINERAL MAKEUP by MAC. I know you might not think that mineral makeup is not all that great, but it actually is. Mineral makeup is made from the most part natural ingredients and still has great coverage. Mac carries MAC carries Mineralize makeup in the following forms:
Mineralize Skinfinish (powder)
Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 foundation (Liquid foundation)
Mineralize Foundation spf 15 (Compact Foundation)
Seriously guys, this line is soo amazing, and please don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
I mean Studio fix is amazing as well, but this line is great!
1.WASH YOUR FACE AND DRY
2. IMMEDIATELY APPLY YOUR CHOICE OF LOTION OR MOISTURIZER WITH the #130 BRUSH (TO DIE FOR BRUSH!) by MAC, LET IT SET IN FOR ABOUT 10 MIN OR SO
3. WITH THE SAME #130 BRUSH APPLY YOUR PREP AND PRIME by MAC IN SMALL UPWARD CIRCLES.
4. WITH THE SAME BRUSH AND SAME TECHNIQUE (SMALL UPWARD CIRCLES) APPLY YOUR CHOICE OF FOUNDATION
5. ADD SOME CONCEALER, IF DOING UNDER EYE CONCEALER ONLY, I RECOMMEND USING ONE OR TWO SHADES LIGHTER THAN YOUR SKIN COLOR, BUT IF APPLYING CONCEALER IN OTHER PLACES USE THE SAME COLOR AS YOUR SKIN TONE.
6. MY MOST FAVORITE MAC PRODUCT IS THE FIX + SETTING SPRAY( ALL NATURAL VITAMINS AND MINERALS- ALSO INCLUDES ROSE WATER, GLYCERIN, ALOE VERA AND CHAMOMILE) SOO MANY WAYS TO USE IT! SO AFTER CONCEALER IS APPLIED, HOLD THE BOTTLE ABOUT A FOOT AWAY AND SPRAY ALL OVER YOUR FACE AND NECK.
7. WHILE FACE IS STILL DAMP FROM FIX+, USE BRUSH # 150 by MAC, TO BUFF IN POWDER
AND SET AGAIN WITH FIX + AND BUFF IN ONCE MORE BUT THIS TIME WITHOUT POWDER, JUST BUFFING IT ALL TOGETHER.
NOTICE THAT THE BRUSHES DESCRIBED ABOVE ARE BOTH SMALL CONTROLLED BRUSHES, THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT IN ACHIEVING THE NATURAL MAKEUPY LOOK. IF YOU USE A MORE FLUFFED OUT AND NOT AS CONTROLLED BRUSH, YOU WILL NOT GET THE SAME POLISHED LOOK
YOUTUBE VIDEO COMING SOON, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK <3